So September has been an exciting month in many ways:
- The launch of my new website
- Joining a new running club in Save Orion AC
- Entry for Comrades 2015 submitted
- Nice improvement in my training schedule after an enforced layoff after Comrades 2014 (travel and illness related)
- September mileage looks like exceeding 400km
- Nice indicators of my form recently with an 18:22 at the Durban Beachfront Parkrun and the following week 80:02 at the SAP 21.1km also in Durban (nice improvement after the 87:40 on the tougher Mandela 21.1km a couple of weeks earlier)
Although my Comrades entry is in, I won’t be thinking about my preparation for that event until end of February next year. I will probably race 2 marathons quite hard between now and Comrades, with my focus being on improving my speed and endurance before my favourite race!
Please feel free to drop me an email using the “contact me” tab if you need advice or tips or need to find out more about some of my sponsors and their fantastic products, without their support I would most certainly have fallen short on my own personal achievements.
Good luck with your training, remember to train smarter, not harder!